Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Empire Online, a database from Adam Matthew Publishers, has a new look! Empire Online offers PDF scans of manuscripts, official documents, photographs, periodicals, and other materials involving empire studies, as well as nearly 20 contextual essays with links to primary source material. With the new interface, you can now access an interactive chronology, browsable by category, empire, country, and commodity. You can also save documents and images to "My Archive" and "My Lightbox."
Empire Online is available via a "Databases" search on the UK Libraries' home page.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Peter Hesseldenz, the academic liaison for Business and Economics, presented a poster session for the Special Libraries Association (SLA) Business and Finance Division at the recent annual conference in Chicago. The presentation was titled, "Working with Economics Faculty and Students."
Monday, July 16, 2012
Friday, June 22, 2012
The SSTARS (Social Science Teaching and Research Statistics) Center has moved out of its current location next to the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of Young Library. For more information, see the Applied Statistics Laboratory page in the Department of Statistics.
Poster file conversion and submission is being discontinued. Resources for formatting and printing posters may be found at http://www.uky.edu/acadtrain/posters.
Monday, June 4, 2012
This collection is no longer going to be kept together. Some of the books have been sent to Education, some are being sent to Storage and the remainder of the collection will be interfiled in the regular books stacks by call number. New locations are available by checking InfoKat, UK Libraries' online catalog.
Friday, March 9, 2012
integrated into the SuDoc shelves on the fifth floor.
The most recent versions of these titles can be found at:
The UK Libraries' Social Media Workgroup has come up with what we think is a great idea!
The idea is based on the Flat Stanley literacy project (http://www.flatstanley.com/). We've created our own UK version of Flat Stanley, called Flat Cat. We're going to encourage students to take pictures of themselves with Flat Cat and post them to our Facebook page. The image template (PDF) is available on the page (https://www.facebook.com/uklibraries) but we would also like to encourage campus library locations to make paper copies available at service desks. See the attached photo of the display Jen Martin has set up for Young.
In addition to helping improve the utility of the Facebook page, it's also just a fun way to engage students with the library!
Thank you! -Social Media group (Ruth Bryan, Jan Carver, Susan Foster-Harper, Beth Kraemer, Jen Martin, Kopana Terry)
Thursday, January 26, 2012
UK Libraries Celebrates Chinese New Year uknow.uky.edu
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
What you will find:
- Electronic UK theses and dissertations (ETD's)published from 2000-2011
- Please know that not all UK theses and dissertations are available electronically--this is the student's choice. Some students still opt for print. The print are cataloged and available in InfoKAT. The ETD's are also cataloged and in InfoKAT.
- Up until the spring of 2010 all ETD's were made available using DSpace, which is searchable in InfoKAT.
- Library IT recently migrated the ETD's in DSpace to UKnowledge.
- The full text of the ETD's are available in UKnowledge.
A couple of other ways to find ETD's in UKnowledge:
- Click on Colleges, Departments, or Centers link.
- To see what ETD's are available for a particular department click on the department; you will see an ETD link for that particular department.
- On the Sidebar of the UKnowledge home page you will see a link for Authors.